This easy chicken fajitas recipe is far simpler than most (only SIX ingredients!) and packs a mouthful of flavor. “It’s the most authentic chicken fajita marinade recipe around,” says the family of real Latinos who make it…
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. For more information, please see my disclosures.
Best Chicken Fajita Recipe
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients (six to be exact) to make these chicken fajitas, and you can leave the chicken in the marinade overnight. They’ll be ready to go at a moment’s notice when you fire up the stove or pit!
- Use thinly sliced chicken breasts (preferably) or chicken tenders
- Leave chicken in marinade overnight or at least 5-7 hours
- Use either a grill or large skillet (cast-iron recommended) for best results
- Make sure chicken reaches 165°F internal temp before serving. (I use this food thermometer to know for sure.)
- Freeze your cooked chicken fajitas for an easy weeknight meal
- Add pico de gallo, guacamole (avocado), cheese, sour cream, red peppers, yellow peppers, green bell peppers and onion, as desired
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on cooked chicken fajitas for extra tangy flavor
- Serve with flour tortillas or corn tortillas
Serving Chicken Fajitas
In Texas, our preferred method of eating chicken fajitas is wrapped in a flour tortilla with guacamole and other garnishes like cilantro, colorful peppers, onion, cheese, pico de gallo and/or sour cream.
Of course, the final topping is usually a dab (or five) of spicy salsa. Squeeze a little lime wedge over your flame-licked chicken and mmmmm-mmmm!
We typically have charro beans (my favorite) or refried beans on the side as well as Spanish rice. A margarita or Mexican beer doesn’t hurt if that strikes your fancy, too.
Share the Recipe
Tried the recipe? Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram with a photo @firstdayofhome!
Pin it for later!
You might also like:
After cooking, you can freeze individual chicken fajita breasts to enjoy for a weeknight meal. Use the cooked chicken fajitas for other meals, including grilled chicken salad, quesadillas or enchiladas. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 8 Serving Size: 4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 313mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 19g
After cooking, you can freeze individual chicken fajita breasts to enjoy for a weeknight meal.
Use the cooked chicken fajitas for other meals, including grilled chicken salad, quesadillas or enchiladas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.