Welcome! I’m Crissy, and I’m so happy you’re here!
Do you find yourself craving a space to nurture your talents and creativity? Do you feel like you need something more out of life than just shuffling kids around all day, every day?
That was me three years ago.
This site is about creating a home you love and finding fulfillment in the process.
Some of my favorite things
As Seen On…
10 Things About Me
- I’m a native Texan, so I like to share plenty of Tex-Mex family recipes.
- I have a hard time throwing things away because I see the upcycle potential.
- My twin boys refuse to throw away cardboard boxes because they can “make something with them.” (I wonder where they got that idea.)
- Gardening is in my blood. My family created a small DIY raised bed vegetable garden, and I often share my battles with insects on Instagram.
- Last year, I launched a YouTube channel. That was scary, but I’m so glad I did it.
- I sign up for way too many online crafting classes. I can’t resist!
- I own too many scrapbook paper collections. (Same reason as above.)
- Some of my favorite projects involve a Cricut or Cameo. You can see them here.
- All photography on here is my own with a handful of exceptions. I’m far from a pro, but I love expanding my skills.
- Most of my projects start with me thinking, “I bet I could make that…”
Why “First Day of Home”?
Those of you with little ones know that “the first day” (of just about everything) is a big deal. It’s thrilling, unpredictable, and even scary at times. That’s how I felt on my first day as a stay-at-home mom…like I was starting something different and worth celebrating. No more conference calls, spreadsheets, or presentations. I had two wide-eyed toddlers looking up at me and a very important job to do!
I decided to view my current gig as an opportunity to enrich my life, not struggle with career identity…so the crafting, cooking and DIY journey began.
My hope is that you, too, will find inspiration here and discover your own hidden talents.
Join me for the fun, and treat each day like it’s the first day of something BIG!